March 31, 2020
by Chrissy Mclean
We have been working closely with our suppliers for a long time towards sustainability and ethical sourcing of produce. Sustainability has become a real buzz word over the past few years, but what does it actually mean on a practical level?
Here are 8 easy things you can do to be more sustainable:
- Eat more vegetables. This is the most simple and effective change as vegetables are delicious and you don’t need to consume meat every day. Vegetarian based dishes like our Cauliflower steak, our beetroot and giant couscous salad or Mexican eggs (Attached below) are all winners and leave a low carbon emission.
- Reduce your dairy intake and buy organic where possible.
- When you do eat meat or fish, source it from good butchers and fishmongers who know it’s provenance.
- Eat with the seasons! Seasonal fruit and vegetables are not only the best available at the time, they also don’t have to be artificially ripened and generally come from this country, leaving a lower carbon emission.
- Buy Fairtrade where possible, they have a direct focus on sustainability as well as ethics.
- Read! Educate yourselves as much as you can so you can enjoy the food you eat.
- Reduce food waste.
- Reduce your usage of single use plastic. We have got down to almost using none for our events.
It’s easier than you think to eat ethically!